Legislators in Congress have written a series of letters to persons and groups believed to have been involved in the creation, distribution, and funding of the phony “Trump-Russia dossier” that has been used as the totality of the “evidence” against the President.
This is what we’ve been waiting for.
These congressional investigators believe that the Obama Administration directed the FBI and the DOJ to use inappropriate action in order to undermine Donald Trump both as a candidate in 2016 and as President.
Senators Lindsey Graham (R-SCS) and Chuck Grassley (R-IA) penned six letters requesting information from Donna Brazille, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, John Podesta, Robbie Mook, the DNC, and the Hillary For America lead campaign Strategist Joel Benenson.
The allegations are as follows:
1. Hillary’s PAC paid for fraudulent opposition research to be created by Fusion GPS which manifested in the extremely dubious “peepeegate dossier.”
2. Fusion GPS then paid the former British MI6 spy Chris Steel to create the dossier, which is made up of a series of internal memos that rely on Russian government insiders to levy charges against Trump and ranking members of his campaign staff.
3. Court filings indicate that Fusion GPS also allied itself with the disgraced DOJ official Bruce Ohr, and hired his wife- who had CIA connections- to help in the efforts to sully Trump’s name. Ohr was demoted from a senior position in the DOJ after it was discovered that he had met with Chris Steel and the co-founder of Fusion GPS Glenn Simpson and then attempted to cover it up.
4. John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s 2016 election campaign chairman, lied under oath when he denied that he knew anything about the source of the funding for the dossier when Brian Fallon- Clinton’s former spokesperson- commented that Hillary probably didn’t know who paid for it either.
5. Past and present DNC leaders, including the provably corrupt Debbie Wasserman Schultz, also lied when she denied having any knowledge of the source of the document’s funding.
6. Finally, that John Podesta met with Glenn Simpson just one day after the dossier was published by the disreputable online tabloid, Buzzfeed.
The letters read in part as follows:
In October 2017, the Washington Post reported that Hillary for America and the Democratic National Committee had funded, via Fusion GPS, Christopher Steele’s creation of a series of memos relying largely on Russian government sources to make allegations against Donald Trump and his associates. A letter from the law firm Perkins Coie acknowledged that, ” [t]o assist in its representation of the DNC and Hillary for America, Perkins Coie engaged Fusion GPS in April of2016″ and that “the engagement concluded prior to the November 2016 Presidential election the Committee has been investigating the FBI’ s relationship with Christopher Steele during this time his work was funded by Hillary for America and the DNC. The scope of our review includes the extent to which the FBI may have relied on information relayed by Mr. Steele in seeking judicial authorization for surveillance of individuals associated with Mr. Trump. It also includes whether any applications that may have been made for permission for such surveillance fully and accurately disclosed:
(1) the source of Fusion GPS’s and Mr. Steele’s funding;
(2) the degree to which his claims were or were not verified;
(3) the motivations of Mr. Steele, his clients, and his sources; and
(4) representations about their contacts with the press.
The letter then lists twelve questions, with the last question requesting that all communications between the 40 people alleged to have been connected to the creation of the peepeegate dossier be released for examination.
It is likely that the answers to these 12 questions and the contents of the communications between those who conspired to create the dossier will have much in common with the memo that is about to be released concerning the “secret society” that the Struck/Page communications indicate were behind the whole Russian conspiracy claim.
Now, Democrats like Nancy Pelosi are in a panic. She appeared on CNN to be interviewed by a Chris Cuomo, who was in rare form when he echoed the concerns of the GOP over the memo. He, quite convincingly, said that if the memo contains what it is alleged to contain then if he were a Republican he would not be able to trust the Democrats.
Pelosi, visibly stunned and fuming told him, “You don’t have any idea what you’re talking about.”
~ Liberty Planet